By Holly Schaffer, Marketing Content Strategist & Writer
At the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona, our vision is simple: a healthy, hunger-free future for all Southern Arizonans.
Emergency food assistance is just one way we make a difference. Last year, we distributed more than 30 million pounds of food. It may be hard to imagine, but without this assistance, more than 200,000 people in our community would have gone hungry.
But, we do so much more than that:
- We work with local schools to promote produce consumption in low-income households.
- We help people grow their own food by building home gardens and teaching hands-on workshops.
- We run an urban farm where community members learn about and engage in food production.
- We offer farmers’ markets, where affordable, naturally-grown products are made available to everyone.
- We partner with schools and organizations to ensure kids have nutritious food to eat at home.
Just like you, we believe in access to healthy, affordable, and sustainable food. We stand by a future in which all people have this opportunity. We consider nutritious food a human right, not a privilege.
We’re excited to be part of this year’s UA Food Day Fair, where we’ll be giving away promotional items and information about Food Bank programs. In addition, our Farmers’ Market staff will be on hand selling local goodies, including honey, beans, and flour, chatting about local food production, and healthy eating, and offering fun prizes!
We encourage everyone to take a stand against hunger. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter, host a virtual or in-person food drive, or volunteer. Whatever you do, your support will go a long way in helping us achieve our vision.
It’s simple: no one should go to bed hungry. And yet, thousands do every single day. Visit our booth at the UA Food Day Fair and find out how you can support a healthy, hunger-free Southern Arizona.